Friday, May 5, 2006

Last Day for the Eagles...


Woke up this morning to see if there was any movement or interesting actions in the nest today but the website has been discontinued. A bit sudden and it was like sudden closure. Anyways I got a parting shot of the father eagle from the forum.

There is a new website with a new eagles' nest coming today. They are setting it up as we speak and it has eaglets in the nest. Exciting.

Going out before work today to walk around so I don't get tired at work. I work at 6pm and it's hard to get going after being awake for 6 hours already.
* * * * *
I quick trip to the seawall proved to be quite successful. I brought a pair of binoculars and off I went to quickly meet up with two soaring eagles over Sunset Beach by the Burrard Street bridge. I kept going around English Bay and Lost Lagoon to see a raccoon and many turtles.
The prize was a bald eagles nest above Malkin Bowl, in a gnarly spiral-branched fir tree. The father eagle was perched beside the nest, being dive-bombed by a crow. He called to his mate who was close but I couldn't see her. I sat on the grass and watched in amazement of just how majestic these birds of prey really are. The communication between the two filled the emptiness I have from the two parentless birds on Hornby Island.
The best part is, I can go down everyday before work to watch and take pictures (they are that close) before work! WOOT

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Love to hear your comments!!!!!!